Hair build-up is becoming a more common problem nowadays. It is due to more frequent usage of hair products and less hair washing. Hair buildup is because of many problems. It occurs when oil, dirt, or hair product is stuck on the scalp for a long time.
Moreover, too-heavy products for your hair type can also result in hair build-up. When you overlook, this build-up can cause hair to look dull and lifeless, making it easier to break and thin.
What Does Hair Build-Up Look Like?
Hair built can look different on different people depending on different types of hair and product used. Here are some common signs that indicate hair build-up problems.
- Dullness: Hair buildup can cause your hair to look dull. They may lack shine, and build-up prevents the light from reflecting from the hair shaft, making them look dull.
- Greasiness: Some of you might have noticed oil or greasiness on your hair even after you have washed your hair. That is due to hair build-up, and your hair remains oily and greasy.
- Flakiness: Like dandruff, flaking can pile up on your scalp.
- Product buildup: when you frequently use different hair products, sometimes they don’t suit your hair. As a result, you can notice white, waxy residue on your hair, which is hard to clean.
- Itchiness: Hair build-up can also make you suffer from hair itchiness. You may also feel uneasy as it blocks the scalp from breathing.
How to Prevent and Treat Hair Build-Up?
Preventing hair build-up is critical to maintaining healthy hair. Here are some tips to avoid hair build-up:
- Use the right products
- Wash your hair regularly
- Clarify your hair
- Avoid heat styling
- Use natural hair care products
If you are suffering from hair build-up, here are some ways to treat it:
- Use a clarifying shampoo
- Apple cider vinegar rinse
- Exfoliate the scalp
- Deep conditioning treatment
Hair build-up can be a frustrating problem. However, you can treat hair build-up problems with the right product and care. Keep your hair clean as much as possible. Frequently wash them properly to prevent hair buildup in the first place.